My new 40g Breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris J

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got my new 40g breeder to replace my old 37g tall for my FOWLR got everything switched over in just a couple hours, took longer due to waiting on the water to clear since due to my best efforts I still stirred up the sand quite a bit. Now the tank is fully cleared and everyone is happy.

My old crowded 37 Tall
image-1915101632.jpg

40g Breeder a couple hours after setup
image-2400991.jpg

40g Breeder all cleared up now
image-3564184274.jpg

@zparticle thanks, I still want to get some more LR to build a few more cave structures.

@Narwhale Well it's a columbian silver tipped shark and I've read online that at different stages in their life they inhabit different water salinity. They are freshwater while young but need brackish to full marine as adults, he was getting picked on in my freshwater cichlid/gar tank so I decided to acclimate him to my saltwater tank. He seems to be doing well, eating fine and no aggression that I've seen. He likes to follow my snowflake eel around when he swims around at night.

Also I built a better, taller stand Tuesday night. I used a prefab kitchen cabinet and reinforced it with 2x4's. dimensions are 36"H x 36"L x 24"W. I still have to finish it with trim and stain/paint but as far as functionality it's leaps and bounds better than my old stand. It cost me about $100 maybe a little less, so not the cheapest build but still saved a little money.

I know the picture is dark but if anyone is interested I will take some better ones today.

image-4220068292.jpg

2 things left on the agenda, make a hood and mount my lights in it and make a sump/refugium out of my old 37Tall if no one wants to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom