My new beta just died and it looked blue!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andieelwell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My betta lived in a 5 gal with good water conditions and all I did water changes and every thing . But when I saw him this morning and he looked blue he is normally red and he had white eyes . but the most thing I'm worried about is how blue he looked . He dose live with a pleco and a snail . I'm going to quarantine them for a week .

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just for now he is only a inch and he is albino I'm going to put him in a bigger tank when he gets older

My betta lived in a 5 gal with good water conditions and all I did water changes and every thing . But when I saw him this morning and he looked blue he is normally red and he had white eyes . but the most thing I'm worried about is how blue he looked . He dose live with a pleco and a snail . I'm going to quarantine them for a week .

What are the specific conditions in the tank? Ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate etc?

Albino plecos are most commonly in the trade 1 of 2 species bristlenose or common plecos. Neither of which at any age belong in a 5 gallon tank. And if a common unless you are planning a very large tank I would suggest finding him a new home as they get HUGE. But regardless of species They are very heavy polluters and their needs can not be met in such a small tank. As far as turning blue this could be caused by several things. From illness to just general poor tank conditions, nitrite poisoning comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Having a pleco in a 5g tank answers your question to why your betta died

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Having a pleco in a 5g tank answers your question to why your betta died

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

+1 a betta in a 5 gallon you should consider the tank stocked. Would add plants if want more in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom