My new betta- is this disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hholly

Aquarium Advice Addict
HEy everybody! So I finally got my first fish. I'm keeping him in a heated 2 gallon bowl until my big tank gets done cycling. After releasing him from his cup I noticed a notch out of his tail and also a growth looking thing on his anal fin. I'm more concerned about the growth. Does it look like columnaris? He seems relaxed and active. He has eaten. Any info much appreciated!

image-56355983.jpg

The growth thing is a little speck on the anal fin.

image-256382154.jpg

image-682419749.jpg

Hi! Its a bit hard to tell from the pics-the one looks like theres a bit of bump but nothing fuzzy or white or strangely colored. Not quite sure what it could be because it looks like its underneath the scales. Considering the horrid life he has had so far living in a cup, he is probably not in the best of health. Healthy water & a good nutrition is probably all he really needs right now and i wouldnt be too conerned unless it appears to be causing him distress or it changes in appearance (ie-gets fuzzy, inflamed, ruptures, changes color etc). Any betta owners have any other suggestions?

Thanks! Yeah it's the lighter color of his body, but it seems to stick out slightly. But it's not fuzzy. But he acts really happy and active. I'll just keep an eye on it in case it gets bigger.

It almost just looks like an old injury thats healing up. One betta I had, years ago, had gotten caught between a decoration and the wall of the tank and had scrapped his side. He lived, and once he healed up, was fine... But that spot was always just a little lighter than everywhere else.

Ok thanks! He's still acting well, very inquisitive and active. So I guess I'll just keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom