My new kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CicGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can yall help me figure out the names of my newbies?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121016_153918.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121016_153918.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 20121016_153355.jpg
    20121016_153355.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 123
The first one is a Mylochromis sp. from Lake Malawi, though at that size won't hazard a guess as to which one. The second fish is a zebra obliquedens, Astatotilapia latifasciata, from Lake Victoria.

WYite

Wyomingite said:
The first one is a Mylochromis sp. from Lake Malawi, though at that size won't hazard a guess as to which one.
WYite

My guess would be Mylochromis lateristriga, my reasoning is while M. Guentheri and M. Subocularis "Itungi" also share this juvenile color pattern you'd know if you purchased one of those because of the price differences. Wild caught Subocularis sell for $75 bucks a pop and F1s around $25 +.

My guess would be Mylochromis lateristriga, my reasoning is while M. Guentheri and M. Subocularis "Itungi" also share this juvenile color pattern you'd know if you purchased one of those because of the price differences. Wild caught Subocularis sell for $75 bucks a pop and F1s around $25 +.

LOL, and I won't argue. Always been more of a mbuna guy and have never really paid much attention to which haps were regularly/commonly available.

WYite

Mogurako said:
Haps are one of the only interesting types of fish in Malawi! Mbuna are just so blah!

No Malawi are just too AWSOME for you to keep;)

I'm sorry for being rude please excuse my language haven't had the best luck the past week.......so again I'm sorry for being rude.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom