My new Peacocks!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What even works man. I love what's in the tank more then how the stand looks. I agree it pulls it together but who cares. Not this guy.

I have had some hybrid fry, Im not against at all. I am not selling them back to my LFS or anything. I am giving some to a couple of friends that want those Hybrid fry to raise in thier tanks. that one with the multicolor is beautiful, well they all are but especially that one IMO :) nice.
I do like your make shift stand, heck it could become a trend lol

None of my peacocks are holding, just my fuelleborni. And I agree they are so pretty, the female reminds me if a koi sometimes

What I found with my old peacocks was a 2 male to at least 4 female ratio worked well. Never had aggression issues aimed at only one fish and the second male kept the DM in full show colour.

I had 2 male ruby reds in a 75 with 7-8 females for about a year w/out any problems. One male never showed full colors, then one day he started, and in less than 2 weeks one male had killed the other one.
The second eureka red male (in another 75) showed closer to full colors, but the dorsal and anal fins never grew as long as the dominant male's. That extra male was sold, as far as I know he's still alive and well.
You can keep an all-male tank, but it's best not to keep 2 of the same species or even different species that look too similar to avoid potentially fatal conflicts.

Back
Top Bottom