My new project - 300 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I envy you. I would kill for a tank that big. The possibilities would be incredible. I would do some seriouse stuff in a tank that big. fully planted, CO2 injected. Tons of fish. with Discues and other great fish OMG like im seriously speachless keep us up to date w. pix

wow! you must live in a mansion to have so many large tanks! i truly envy you! it's so funny, but lately i've been feeling like my 125 is just too small! 300g might just do it...hmmm...time to get rid of more furniture?

your tank is looking really beautiful! are you more a plant person, a fish person, or both? i am both, so i hope you don't mind me saying, i think you should get some more fish! maybe some bigger showcasey ones...but really, that's just my opinion.

please post some more pix--it's nice to see the evolution of a tank...

Very nice tank. Hope you continue posting :)

Thank you all for the positive replies. I'll post some more pics, more of the fish, soon. I'm having a little trouble controlling the plant growth. I have to trim plants every three days. I need to rethink the current landscaping.

Crazycat, I am more of a fish person but I feel that plants are very beautiful and add much health to any tank.

As far as the fish in the tank, I do have 65 fish in the tank. Most are small, Dwarf Cichlids, Corys, Tetras & Barbs. I do have a 9" Snakeskin Gourami, a pair of Pearl Gouramis and 5 Clown Loaches ranging in size between 5" & 8". I am planning on adding two more male Pearls and five female Pearls. I am also breeding Melanotaenia praecox, Dwarf Neon Rainbows. I know that they are only 3" but a nice large group would look nice & active.

What a beautiful HUGE tank!! You must have a heck of an energy level. Water changes alone would be a ton of work. I to will one day get a nice big tank. With 2 small boys age 3 and 6, who like to throw things at each other like marbles and stuff, It's out of the question for now. Please keep us posted with pics.

Time for an up-date. Things are going very well. I'm still trying to set up the plants the way I want them. The Glossostigma is starting to grow and that should really help the appearance. I'm not much for taking photos, I have the best equipment but I need to read the instructions and I just don't have the time or patience. I just aim and click. Hope you enjoy, I'm open to criticism.

Tank shots first. I think the pics don't do the tank any justice. It's hard to take pics of a tank that is 8' long.

f0512efc.jpg

f05130e2.jpg

Left side
f0512fe9.jpg

Right side
f0513014.jpg

Rear view
f0512fd9.jpg

A few of the fish
f05130e4.jpg

f0512f93.jpg

f0512f5f.jpg

f05130e3.jpg

f32527e5.jpg

Here are a few more pics, they are close ups of different areas.

Center area
f0511a15.jpg

Left side
f0511a13.jpg

Right side
f0511a14.jpg

Further right
f0511a17.jpg

Side view entering my fish room. Tank is 2' high x 2' wide
f0511958.jpg

A crossed the front
f0511941.jpg

i want your tank! it's looking REALLY good! hmmmmmm--wonder if i can afford a igher rent for a bigger apartment...then maybe i could geet a 300g...hmmm... :)

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking

SAE's, I have seven in this tank, four more in my 180 gallon
f0470ea2.jpg

f0470b4d.jpg

New Pearl
f0470cad.jpg

Otto, got seven, want more but they are not always available
f0470b39.jpg

Female Bolivian Ram
f0470b33.jpg

Another new Pearl
f0470abd.jpg

Apisto Borelli hanging out with my pair of Blue Rams
f04709b8.jpg

f04709a8.jpg

f0470901.jpg

Wow!! Nice tank!! Those fish sure are lucky to have all that space. Those are some great pics of your fish and I really like the pic of your fan shrimp. I wish my lfs would get more then just amano and ghost shrimp!

Very nice. Great community and pics. Whats your lighting schedule with the MH and CF? Do you always run them concurrently? Just curious.

Thank you for the replies.

I run the CF's for 12 hours a day, from 10am til 10pm. The fixture has three MH's. The left MH turns on from 1pm - 5:00, the center is on from 1:30 - 5:30 and the right is on from 2pm - 6pm.
The fixture has four 96 watt CF's. I had two 6700k and two 50/50's. I changed the two 50/50's to 6700k's.
I also found that the 6' long fixture was not covering the 8' long tank very well. So I added two Coralife 24", 130 watt fixtures at each end. They run 10 hours, from 11am to 9pm.

Back
Top Bottom