My New Tank Build- Endler's Livebearers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today's update:
Ammonia: between 1 and 2 ppm
Nitrites: between 1 and 2 ppm
Nitrates: between 0 and 5 ppm

Arrg the nitrates won't go up and everything's going down!!

Today's update:
Nitrites: between 1 and 2 ppm
Nitrates: between 0 and 5 ppm

Arrg the nitrates won't go up and everything's going down!!

At least you have nitrites, that's an accomplishment lol It hasn't been that long since you started, right? I'd say you're doing pretty well!

At least you have nitrites, that's an accomplishment lol It hasn't been that long since you started, right? I'd say you're doing pretty well!

Yup it's only been like 5ish days. I'm excited about that but I hate seeing the yellowy orangey color thats been there almost everyday! Oh well, patience is a virtue or at least that's my parents and grandparents have told me:dance:

Update for today:
Nitrites: between 1 and 2 ppm (closer to 2 though)
Nitrates: between 0and 5 ppm (closer to 5 though)
Yay we're getting somewhere :dance:

Today's Updates:
Ammonia: between .25 and 0 ppm
Nitrites: 2 ppm
Nitrates: between 10 and 20 ppm

Almost done :D

Looking good so far! Nitrites will probably spike very high very soon. And they could stay there for a while. Hang in there though, you're doing great! I still don't even have nitrites after 27 days so keep that in mind when you start getting impatient LOL

I think that my tank is cycle is over! I'm in the current process of doing the 24 hr test:). Yay!!!

Soo I sorta forgot to look around 9 this morning and looked at noon... I'm not sure about this though...
Ammonia: between 0 and .25 ppm
Nitrites: 0ppm
Nitrates: around 5!!!
What's up??

I think your good to go. I would also suggest adding in some najas or hornwort plants. Live plants are really benefical to fish and you will no longer have a nitrate issue.

I started with 3 pairs of endlers and 3 months later, I have over 100 of them in there. The parents will eat the fry, but eventually stop eating them as they get full. Each time the female has babies, they drop close to 20 fry at a time.

Have you considered either red cherry shrimp or corydoras habrosus with your endlers?

Okay thanks! I can't wait for the Endler's! Would the corydoras habrosus work in a 8 ish gallon tank? Or not... I'm going to get some red cherry shrimp for my betta tank, don't worry my betta's really nice towards other fish so a few will probably make their way into that tank:)

I think your betta would be extremely friendly to them, especially when they are in his mouth.

He's scared of most everything so I thought that it wouldn't be too bad for the shrimp... I hope.

Even though it's been a while since I've posted on this thread I'd thought that I'd might as well inform everyone on my Endler's tank. I now have 4 peppered corydoras in my tank, and soon some ghost shrimp. I have a 45 gallon tank that the corydoras will go to soon. I found some Endler's at petsmart, they're a hybrid between guppies and Endler's but their soooo much cheaper than the pure ones around here so I think that I'll get those instead. Hopefully I will have endlers within the next few weeks!

everyone is talking about endlers, what the heck are they? Pics I've seen look like guppys. I've been out of the hobby for lots of years and am now starting over again, so the term is new to me.

tractorholic said:
everyone is talking about endlers, what the heck are they? Pics I've seen look like guppys. I've been out of the hobby for lots of years and am now starting over again, so the term is new to me.

Endlers are like the cousin to guppies. They're livebearers but the don't eat their young, and IMO they look 100x better than guppies! Here's a picture:)

Attachments

• image-3017345299.jpg
    image-3017345299.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 80
Thanks aquakai, they're beautiful fish just haven't seen any for sale in AZ at the shops I visit. Have to try the breeders I guess. Are they the same size as guppies? Thanks for the help, and the picture of those beautiful fish. Now I gotta find some.

tractorholic said:
Thanks aquakai, they're beautiful fish just haven't seen any for sale in AZ at the shops I visit. Have to try the breeders I guess. Are they the same size as guppies? Thanks for the help, and the picture of those beautiful fish. Now I gotta find some.

Actually they get a bit smaller than guppies maxing out at about 1.5". They're so cool and zippy! I really cannot wait until I get some:). Hope you find some too, and also try out aquabid because they always seem to have some:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom