my new tank - suggestions required!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All cleaned and did my first 10% water change w/ prime..

my fluval has 4 bits of foam in it, i rinsed these in the bucket of tank water as suggested - the top tray has smaller noodles and the bottom tray had larger ones..

water:
nitrate 5ppm
nitrite 0ppm
ammonia 0ppm
ph 7.2

fish look happy/healthy as ever :D

Congrats, i just read through the thread and everything is looking great. Have you made a choice on the gourami vs cardinals? IMO 1 or 2 schools of fish always set off a tank for me...

*edit*
just read your signature so woops LOL. you allready have some some schools!!
*edit*

Last edited:
eek was away for a week and left my flat mates to look after the tank - returned to find everyone looking incredibly lethargic and the light off! checked my water my nitrate was high no ammonia/nitrite so i did a 25% water change a day early, gave everything a good clean and gave them a good feed and have left the light on a little later then their timer schedule.. so far they look alot healthier then an hour ago.. im assuming my room mates didnt notice the timer and have turned the light off manually so its been off a few days and my fish became zombies... should i leave the light on a little longer to let them bath or should i turn it off and get them back into their regular program??

Cheers
Mark

Thanks alot for all the help getting setup i thought i would share some photos of the tank from my iPhone. Things are going along well, have had 2 deaths of the 25 fish in the tank ( a lace gourami and my silver angel ted ) both unexplainable though teds eye did turn from red to black and he was found hollow 2 days later.. weird i know!

Anyway heres the community of gouramis, catfish, danios & guppys
f_Picture013m_8153769.jpg

& my latest editions the Hyphessobrycon robertsi & my Synodontis nigriventris under the log
f_Picture024m_701d7b7.jpg

Close up of the upside down catfish
f_Picture008m_9456840.jpg

Back
Top Bottom