My new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jyoung2014

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone, i just upgraded from my 10 gallon tank to this new 33 gallon that i got on craigslist. So far i've sterilized and added a rock formation and bought some nice decorations. I know i'm supposed to cycle the tank before i put fish in but i put in 5 zebra danios and a "marble blushing ghost fish" at least thats what the lady at boston pets old me. I personally think it is a chocolate ghost knife fish. I have been feeding them daily. I lost one of the danios the first night but they all seem to be pretty comfortable with their environment now. Anyways, i was just introducing my new tank! And seeing what you all think, i'm going to post some pictures of my mystery knife fish to see if any of you can identify him. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-178976369.jpg
    image-178976369.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2581162034.jpg
    image-2581162034.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3283294898.jpg
    image-3283294898.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 105
Like the upgrade! Can t tell from the pic what that is :(.
Question also..... are you testing the water & have you read the stickies in fish in cycling ?

No i haven't read that but i've been told that i shouldn't put anymore fish in for another few weeks. I know that i should change 20% of the water daily right? If you have info to help me out, thatd be great!

On a already cycled tank most reccomend a 50% water change weekly. On a cycling tank it ll be more often depending on your daily readings. First get an API liquid testing kit then read the stickies under 'Freshwater Getting Started'.
I was exactly where you are in Dec. but thanks to this forum, I have 3 healthy & beautiful planted tanks. We ll help you get there, just don t hesitate to ask questions.

Sweet tank buddy you'll have to update us on your progress

Thank you guys very much, i'll keep you updated and get a ammonia nitrate and nitrite reader in the morning!

Your tank is beautiful. Here is a helpful article if you haven't seen it already.

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

If you don't already have one an API Freshwater Master test kit will help get you through the cycle. Also keep some Seachem Prime on hand. If you do have an ammonia or nitrite emergency, water changes are a must, but Prime can help detoxify it.

This is correct?

Attachments

• image-267676821.jpg
    image-267676821.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom