My "plant profile" is finally done...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finished the thread as fast as I can so that there is less chance somebody will comment between plant profiles. Good thing it didn't happen. Thank you :)

Looks like you need to check the second Anubis nana. Same info but different photos.

The first anubias is "nana petite" and the second one is just "nana". It just happened that they have the same information.

Edit: I just researched "nana petite" and info are different from the "nana". Thanks for catching that one. :)

Last edited:
It has already helped me! Thanks for putting that together. That is a lot of work but a lot of people will benefit from it. Thanks again!

This is awesome! If you are open to suggestions, maybe a "max height"?

Super helpful. I'm starting a planted discus tank, but its going to be Low light at first - So I'm looking for hearty plants that can handle medium or high light as well.

sudz said:
This is awesome! If you are open to suggestions, maybe a "max height"?

Super helpful. I'm starting a planted discus tank, but its going to be Low light at first - So I'm looking for hearty plants that can handle medium or high light as well.

Thats going to be my next target if that thread will pass. :)

The first anubias is "nana petite" and the second one is just "nana". It just happened that they have the same information.

Edit: I just researched "nana petite" and info are different from the "nana". Thanks for catching that one. :)

It is a great thread. Its cool how you put all that together. Did you grab the photos from the internet?

Yes I did. I just posted all the "sources" on the plant profile thread.

My "plant profile" thread is finally done :)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/comprehensive-list-of-plant-profiles-153985.html

Hope this will help some people :)

This is AWESOME, Roy! (y)

A couple notes I made:

The Scientific name for the Broadleaf Amazon sword is Echinodorus Bleheri.

The Common name for Cardamine Lyrata is Chinese Ivy (or at least that's what it's called in my area.)

Another common name for Ludwiga Replens is Broadleaf Ludwiga.

Another common name for Bacopa Caroliniana is Lemon Bacopa.

Coleallensmom said:
This is AWESOME, Roy! (y)

A couple notes I made:

The Scientific name for the Broadleaf Amazon sword is Echinodorus Bleheri.

The Common name for Cardamine Lyrata is Chinese Ivy (or at least that's what it's called in my area.)

Another common name for Ludwiga Replens is Broadleaf Ludwiga.

Another common name for Bacopa Caroliniana is Lemon Bacopa.

Thank you Alisha :)

I just added the information you gave to the plant's profiles. Let me know if you see another one that needs to be edited. Thank you :D

Thank you Alisha :)

I just added the information you gave to the plant's profiles. Let me know if you see another one that needs to be edited. Thank you :D

NP, Those were just some things that jumped out at me while I was reading. :) Thank you for taking the time to put that together!

Idk if I am the only one, but I've found that the Amazon sword Echinodorus Amazonicus will do well under almost any light as long as they are fed well. The growth rates/sizes will vary of course, but I've sucessfully kept them in multiple low light tanks.

Thanks so very much! I was actually reading them as you were posting them yesterday. Had to break it off to get some stuff done and didn't think about it until I saw this post. Great job, and thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom