My Planted 5.5G Crypt/Java Fern tank....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's pics of my 5.5G tank. Currently I have no filter, air wand for circulation, and a thermometer and heater. Java Fern is tied to a piece of driftwood as well.

5g9.jpg

5g10.jpg

5g11.jpg

5g12.jpg

5g13.jpg

5g14.jpg

5g15.jpg

5g16.jpg

That is a nice piece of java fern. Is that substrate a mix? It looks like Eco-Complete and laterite or something. What are you going to end up doing with the tank? And where do you find mini-tanks that look just like the big ones (ie, teeny and rectangular)? The only ones like that I've been able to find are 2.5 gal at Petsmart, but I'd love to do one a bit bigger, like yours.

As for the substrate, it's Volcanit. I really like the look. A for where I got the tank, they sell them here at the lfs. It's a 5.5G.

Lonewolfblue said:
A for where I got the tank, they sell them here at the lfs. It's a 5.5G.
Rats. I guess if I want a tank like that I will have to make a trip to Washington to buy one. LOL

In the meantime, I'll appreciate yours. :)

I've found that the 5.5 gallon is slightly harder to find than the 2.5 gallon, but both are available with a bit of digging. Might be something that they can special order in for you if they don't carry it in stock.

Back
Top Bottom