My planted discus tank! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hitty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's taken me 2 years to go from noob to this......

full%20tank.jpg

sooo happy :D

big thanks to all you guys here at aquarium advice, i've learnt so much from you all!!!! without you i wouldnt have half the tank i have today!

I'll be more than willing to help with any questions you guys may have :D

Very, very nice! You certainly have an "artistic" eye...
The driftwood arranged diagonally... that splits the tank in a very pleasing way for
the eye. (Jealous here LOL 8O ).
I see some Rummies in there and Cardinals or Neons, what is the other bunch of
schooling fish you have there (pic. a little blurred)?

Thanks for the comments...

the other school of fish are glowlights.... they always stick to the left hand side of the tank..... the cardinals on the right...... and the rummies do laps all day long :p

i've been watching your updates..... your tank has so much promise! looking forward to seeing it mature :) keep up the good work!

are those stargrass in the back? i've always had hard time with them :(

but beautiful tank 8O i'm jealous too

its actualy an australian native called Eusteralis stellata.... dunno if its available around your neck of the woods? hope it is cos its a really impressive plant (check out Travis' Mbuna tank to see what can be done with it :) )

if you do manage to find it..... don't listen to what they say, its actualy a fairly easy plant to grow under half decent light... a little slow to start growing on replanting, but once it gets going... :)

Absolutely beautiful!! I've been thinking about doing a planted tank with maybe discus, but discus are as expensive as saltwater fish. Can't quite make myself jump into it, but that picture may be the kicker. Great job, keep up the good job.

Wow, great aquascape hitty :D I was going to ask the same question about the E. stellata :p You usually see it with purple/pink/red in it, but that's because people starve it of nutrients to bring out those colors and it isn't exactly healthy. Yours is as bright green as I've ever seen. Very nice!

its plain old 3mm!

works quite well! although i wish i had used an even finer grain black substrate... tetras and discus come off looking awesome against a dark black background :)

Back
Top Bottom