my planted one gallon bowl.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
isnt the potho vine an invasive species? its not.native to the US. I remember learning that in enviornmental science class. I cant remember where it came from.
do correct me if I am wrong.

Nice tank! I started a dirted 1 gallon last year and now my betta is swimming in it. I have no filter but change the water every 3 days. I tried adding some liquid ferts but I think it's too strong for the 1 G and burned my plants. The are only now recovering.

img_2391483_0_6c7889953692c8a788ccb4cd5d851084.jpg

Nice tank! I started a dirted 1 gallon last year and now my betta is swimming in it. I have no filter but change the water every 3 days. I tried adding some liquid ferts but I think it's too strong for the 1 G and burned my plants. The are only now recovering.

thanks, wow it looks really nice! what plants are those? how did you dose the liquid ferts? I just set mine up two days ago. so I used an eye dropper and drop two drops of flourish into the bowl. -shrug-

also, im thinking of making a diy pvc air filter.

thanks, wow it looks really nice! what plants are those? how did you dose the liquid ferts? I just set mine up two days ago. so I used an eye dropper and drop two drops of flourish into the bowl. -shrug-

also, im thinking of making a diy pvc air filter.

I used aquariumfertilizer.com micro/macro nutrient mix but its way too strong for a gallon. I just added a drop and it burned everything. I think the tall fuzzy ones are hornwort or Cabomba carolina. The carpet plants are baby tears. I don't recommend any air since it will gas off any C02 that the plants need. Just do 75% water changes (I just tip the bowl 45%, add some dechlor water, dump out, then fill again a bit. This will add the C02 into your water too from your taps.

My betta give the tank C02 and fertilizer too. To change the water, I pour him into a container, change the water in the bowl, and scoop him back into the bowl.

ok. thats a nice way to do it. thanks for sharing.
I guess ill put the filter idea aside then. :D

Im still thinking about making a diy air filter just for the heck of it. not for the Bowl though. even though I have a sponge filter already.

update!

glued moss on mesh to create a hang on island to create shade for cryptocoryne lucens. threw a old man for the heck of it. and got 2 black mystery snails and a few pond snails

ForumRunner_20130410_115636.jpg

Back
Top Bottom