My planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually it is a Black Pearl Killifish. I got the name mixed up. I got the image from Google. I liked the look of the Gardenri and a few others that I can't recall the name of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1452738750970.jpg
    1452738750970.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 37
Loved my gardneri! So much personality, I called him a betta in pajamas.

Diamond killifish also exists. I like this pearl one. Better. Is it an annual or non annual? I try only to keep non annuals. More than I want to deal with keep the eggs in peat and hatching them etc.

Brenna

Apparently it is an annual and also aggressive to other fish. I would just go for the male if I were able to find one. Apparently these ones are harder to find so I would probably end up with a species of killi I could find locally or from a trusted breeder.

Apparently it is an annual and also aggressive to other fish. I would just go for the male if I were able to find one. Apparently these ones are harder to find so I would probably end up with a species of killi I could find locally or from a trusted breeder.

I'm in a killifish club in chicago. I have contacts to get things and can ship fish when the time comes.

Brenna

Holy fudge cakes! I just read up on annual killifish and now understand why you prefer non-annual. That is a ton of work! I will definitely be getting a hold of you for killifish when the time comes. The boyfriend really liked the look of all the killifish and said that one or a pair would look amazing in the 10g. A pair would be chosen depending on species of course because it seems some very much dislike each other and others. I will be doing my homework on these little cuties so that I have a better grasp on them when the time comes.

Holy fudge cakes! I just read up on annual killifish and now understand why you prefer non-annual. That is a ton of work! I will definitely be getting a hold of you for killifish when the time comes. The boyfriend really liked the look of all the killifish and said that one or a pair would look amazing in the 10g. A pair would be chosen depending on species of course because it seems some very much dislike each other and others. I will be doing my homework on these little cuties so that I have a better grasp on them when the time comes.

I like the Aphosymion family. I have bivittatum fry and gardneri fry which is Fundolopanchax I think. I have some others too. Blue gularis and blue panchax, I just got those two so no fry yet. I also have 2 lone males. Sometimes you can just buy a male.

Brenna

Those are all beautiful! I think I still have awhile to make a decision (as long as Fred stops eating his fins) so I will definitely be studying up on those ones. I think the Gardneri may act similar to my female betta which would be great fun. I love spunky fish.

Gardneri come in a few color varieties, are easy to spawn and yes they have a ton of personality! And they like plants!

Brenna

They sound like they would be a good fit and a step up from the betta. My only worry is that I would need to figure out a way to soften my water. The pH right now is around 7.8 and kH as well as gH sit around 7. So my water is a bit rough for them.

It's really a matter of checking with the breeder on water conditions. I kept my gardneri in 7.6 with no problems.

They sound like they would be a good fit and a step up from the betta. My only worry is that I would need to figure out a way to soften my water. The pH right now is around 7.8 and kH as well as gH sit around 7. So my water is a bit rough for them.

Straight out of the tap I'm 8.6. Then it goes down to 7.6 or so with a Kh of 9. Mine have produced offspring, I agree with TM, depends on your source and the water they were bred in.

Brenna

So say I got some Gardneri from you Brenna, then they should be ok in my tap? I'm exactly looking to breed but more just worried about their health and well being.

Straight out of the tap I'm 8.6. Then it goes down to 7.6 or so with a Kh of 9. Mine have produced offspring, I agree with TM, depends on your source and the water they were bred in.

I stayed away from CRS for so long simply because of pH. Now I'm sitting here at 1:30am watching a tank full of happy shrimp and shrimplets. It's very much worth talking with breeders/sellers about water conditions.

I've seen your shrimp on your thread Theresa and love your tanks! I will definitely talk to the breeder/seller (hopefully Brenna) when I make the jump because I want to ensure the best possible care for my future fish. I baby my bettas and ADF and plan to baby any other fish I get in the future.

My fish were from a breeder with hard water and I have hard water. I think you would be fine. I add IAL and they're happy. They like the tannins.

Brenna

Back
Top Bottom