My plattty got stuck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcsport

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My mickey mouse platty got stuck in a fake plant last night. This morning I got it free but now it just lays on the bottom and tries to swim. every once in a while it will take off but crashes to the bottom. Its now made it 12 hours but doesnt look any better. Looking for any advice. Thanks.

Can you isolate it from other fish so they don't pick on it? If not, try to make sure it gets some food at feeding time.

Also keep you water in pristine quality. The best medicine for fish that have suffered stress like that is often pristine water. Good luck.

Do you see any physical damage? You might try Melafix if you do. Even if you don't you should use Pimafix, a stressed fish is prone to diseases and you need to do absolutely everything you can to make sure that doesn't happen. As mentioned before, clean water will go a long way to preventing disease as well.

Thanks for every ones advice. He didnt make it through the night. I have removed the plant he got stuck in and wont be using it again. I had bought some granule food for them and a piece hafallen down into the plant. The plant was plactic and had a bunch of small shoots sticking up. He swam down in it and couldnt turn around to get out. Thanks again for the help!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom