My platy just have birth! Advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bisonbauer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everybody. My platy has given birth whilst I was at work and is still in the process of it. The fry are in a nursery and some are dead. Do they need feeding at all? Or can they not, and do not eat for a period of time?

When i caught my fry and raised them (all lived i caught and raised) i took flake food and crushed it SUPER fine and then they ate that like crazy.

Awesome! Thanks man. Should I feed them straight away? The mum has eaten a few....

Yeah she is done now so they are in with a single survivor of the last batch that were born in the tank accidentally. It's still small enough to be eaten but big enough I know it's a girl haha. They are too big for her to eat so they should be fine. Thanks for the advice

Yeah she is done now so they are in with a single survivor of the last batch that were born in the tank accidentally. It's still small enough to be eaten but big enough I know it's a girl haha. They are too big for her to eat so they should be fine. Thanks for the advice
No problem, goodluck and happy parenthood

Back
Top Bottom