My pleco bites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemybarbs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've been thinking of getting him a bigger cave, and now I have to. It seems we have a bit of a war about who gets to sit under one cave and who gets to sit in the other. The pictus should get the smaller one, but sometimes he wants the bigger one. I actually saw the pleco come down on his back and bite him. The pictus didn't move so he pushed down on him again.

My pleco is a bully. Do you think it hurt my pictus??

If you really think the pictus is getting hurt, I would isolate the pleco.
My Chinese Algae eater was a bully....
now its gone, no more worries

i wouldnt say it doesnt not hurt the pictus, but i dont think real injury may occur, yet...

all plecos are bullies, mine just sits on top of my farlowellas at times to be a jerk, and chases off my BGK when im feeding bloodworms, which i really hate

My pleco does much the same. He will actually chase other fish around and dive bomb off the glass at our cats when they encroach on his territory. It was especially bad when I still had to supplement the tank with algae pellets. The cats would immediately go for it and our pleco would kind of skirt around the side and then ram the group. Since he has his own food on our glass now it hasn't been an issue.

Back
Top Bottom