My Plumbing design, any thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scubaboy21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been working on setting up a three tank system one common sump, currently I have one up and running on a canister, and am doing water changes manually. I hope this pic comes through. My thoughts are all tanks will overflow into a single manifold that will dump into one of two identical salt mix tanks fitted with heaters, circ pumps and ATO's the water then flows out to the sump through it and back to the tanks each on their own return pumps. The reason for the mix tanks is both for water volume (40 additional gallons) and convenience. Only one mix tank will be operating in the system at a time the other will be drained refilled and mixing fresh saltwater then once a week or so I can do a water change with the flip of four valves then repeat.

image-162492454.jpg

Any thoughts are welcome.

I'm sure the plumbing part of it could work but all of those tanks will require different parameters and supplements. I think bad idea to combine water from 3 different types of saltwater setups.

How about three separate designs for each tank. I agree using one for all three may be trouble if one gets sick.

Buttttt you could include a shutoff in line to turn one or both off and go with a hang on filter or canister until you can fix a water problem or sick fishy.

Back
Top Bottom