My Pods!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
On Friday, I moved my marine tank to my new house. I had one bucket for water and inverts, and another bucket for more water and the live rock. I moved the sand in the old 10g tank with a couple inches of water in it. I had the old tank in a large bin bucket for a backup. My new house is 15 minutes away from the old one, so the process was pretty quick.

When I got to the new house, I put some of the water in the tank, scooped the sand from the 10g tank into the new 15g. Then I added half the water from the invert bucket, put the live rock in, added the rest of the water and finally did the inverts last. Everything was all cloudy, as is to be expected. The tank cleared up, I added 1 gallon of saltwater every 8 hours to bring the tank up to 15g.

That was my process, everything should have been OK for the life in the tank. Now my problem... I have 0 Copepods left. I have Amphipods all over the place, but the smaller Copepods appear to have all died or been eaten(?) by the Amphipods. I have checked the tank repeatedly and not been able to verify I have any Copepods still in there. Has anyone had this happen to them? Could the small Copepds be hanging out in the substrate?

This is a continuation of...
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=34967&highlight=

Agree, they probably double timed it to the rock when the commotion started. Besides, during light hours they tend to hide anyway, thats why you see them at night more.

As the others said, I'm sure they're still there. You may want to try adding phyto to help get the numbers back up.

Back
Top Bottom