my pond snails first eggs hatched!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicafish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a vase for pond snails that invaded a plant of mine. I've only had the snails for about 2-3 weeks and today ai saw the first babies!! My snails were babies when I first got them so I assume they can reproduce very young right? my snails were about a grain of sand size when I first got them and now I'm seeing new grains of sand!! I've only seen 4 so how many does a normal egg clutch thingy have? I have spotted 4 other egg clutches so I'm sure I start seeing a bunch of youngins soom but I was excited to see my first! I might have to get a few new vases after a while... My house has a lot of vase worthy spaces! my biggest snail is about the size of a pea now so I'm waiting for them to get bigger!!

I only had 5 snail invaders at first, they are all about the same size so I think they maybe be the same age! I don't know why I'm so excited I guess its because I had a really bad drama filled day...

Pond snails lay eggs like crazy so you can expect there to plenty more babies lol...and I saw that my mts have had babies as well I was quite happy to see that

I know they have tons of babies but these are my first their special! lol!

Lol yah I kept my first pond snails too...the they got out of hand so I had to get rid of them...but now I got some mts and I like them much better

Back
Top Bottom