My poor comet "ygritte"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobStark

Aquarium Advice Regular
Noticed she wasn't excited at feeding time. Upon close inspection she has developed some white flaky looking stuff on her head. Doesn't look like Ick to me. I thought some kind of bacterial infection on her scales. But could you all take a look and let me know what you think.
I checked my stock and only meds I have currently are ick treatment and marineland all in one remedy. I'll run out asap if someone knows exactly what it is. I don't want Jon Snow left all alone in the tank. They've been together for 6 or 7 years now.
Thank you for your help. 20180427_200840.jpg20180427_201000.jpg20180427_200856.jpg20180427_200837.jpg

Id do a water test. And do a few 50-60% water changes. It should clear up in a few days. Id say your water test will show ammoina or nitrate too high. Maybe both. Looks like a fungus setting in. Also check your filter too. Just do a good cleaning, and water changes, condition the water.

That's good. Sometimes our water quality gets away from us. It happens to the best hobbyist too. ? keep up on the water changes. With your fish, vacuuming the bottom is most important. They give a lot of waste and even more when they get bigger. What size tank do you have. Might wanta get a little bigger one in the next yr. Or so. Just a suggestion. She's pretty. I'd wanta keep her that way. Good job on the cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom