my rainbow sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dannyweir

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have jst bought 3 rainbow sharks for my communinty tank some people are sayn when thay grow up thay wil start fighting is it a gd idea to move them and wil this affect my other fish I have 1 female dwarf gourami 1 blue gourami 4 neon tetras 2 mollys 1 platy and 2 male kribs and a female krib and 1 catfish

This is my tank

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130128_173128.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130128_173128.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 55
I have jst bought 3 rainbow sharks for my communinty tank some people are sayn when thay grow up thay wil start fighting is it a gd idea to move them and wil this affect my other fish I have 1 female dwarf gourami 1 blue gourami 4 neon tetras 2 mollys 1 platy and 2 male kribs and a female krib and 1 catfish

As the other thread stated yes it will cause issues. You need to rehome.

When I first got into the hobby the salesman sold me 3 red tail sharks because they would look "cool." Let's just say within a month 2 were dead and it was survival of the fittest. Ik rts and rainbow sharks aren't the same but their behavior is very similar

How big is your tank
Rainbow sharks are the more peaceful of the two but tend to get larger
In groups of 6-7 the fighting can be spread out enough for them to coexist but you need a large tank

Thanks am going to give them to a friend with few tanks

Good move ... with multiple Rainbows and Red-tails you don't want to go there.
They'll tolerate each other as juveniles, then as they grow, their territorial aggression kicks in.

To house two / three would need a large tank with lots of territories set up via plants, DW and rocks. Even then there's no guarantees.

Good move ... with multiple Rainbows and Red-tails you don't want to go there.
They'll tolerate each other as juveniles, then as they grow, their territorial aggression kicks in.

To house two / three would need a large tank with lots of territories set up via plants, DW and rocks. Even then there's no guarantees.

There's never a guarantee with these fish no matter what
I know how unpredictable the can be

Back
Top Bottom