My Red Capped Oranda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamlo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Guys.

Thought I'd share my red capped oranda with you all.

I've had him around 3 months now and he's ace :)

Attachments

• image-2803477073.jpg
    image-2803477073.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 86
Hi Guys.

Thought I'd share my red capped oranda with you all.

I've had him around 3 months now and he's ace :)

He's beautiful! I want one. Fell in love with them when I saw a whole tank full at the LFS. What's his name?

Thanks :) Would defiantly recommend getting one! Is great watching them grow and they are quite hardy too!

Does he get washed out with the white gravel? Im getting white sand and I'm afraid he might not be so easy to see!

Not at all. It enhances his colouring if anything. Especially when I have the hood light on. What tank have you got/going to get? Have you already got any fish?

Beautiful Red Cap! We have always had at least one, as it's our favorite type of Fancy! Ours is named "Rubio," or "Rubick's Cube" as a slang...:ROFLMAO:

It is indeed fascinating to watch these goldfish grow and get bigger, what with their forked fantails that evolve and get more beautiful as they mature; our Rubio is developing a cool orange spot to match his wen just below his pectoral fin, and it gets bigger as he grows...:)

Best of luck with your Oranda!

Not at all. It enhances his colouring if anything. Especially when I have the hood light on. What tank have you got/going to get? Have you already got any fish?

I have a 150ltr tank standing on my patio at the moment, getting a bit of sun sterilisation as its 2nd hand (actually 3rd hand I believe). Just ordered the new filter, husband fixed the light, and waiting to get substrate and get the thing cycled. I have a black moor and fantail in a smaller tank waiting to move.

Back
Top Bottom