My redtail catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostInFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My SA Redtail Catfish has a new home 180 gallon Acrylic took a day to setup the plumbing and stuff but was well worth it. He has a lot more room in the 180 compared to the 100 he was in. He is growing like crazy. He is my favorite fish besides my Discus. Fat head aka "redtail catfish" is about 20" I have had him from a 3" fish in 2 yrs he has become a monster. Any idea what type of fish will survive with him that doesn't grow to be huge ?

Attachments

• image-3135189983.jpg
    image-3135189983.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 108
  • image-886606839.jpg
    image-886606839.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3175857688.jpg
    image-3175857688.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 103
Iv had my red tail cat for about 4m now. He's probably about 6in and his head about the size of a half dollar or so.

I have him in a 180 with a needle nose gar, Oscar and a zebra knife fish. The knife fish has messed with him quite alot but I think they kimda settled there differences. But otherwise they all kinda live peacefully (for now). But I'm easily going threw 70+ feeders a week. So I'm in the process of trying to breed em now.

Iv had my red tail cat for about 4m now. He's probably about 6in and his head about the size of a half dollar or so.

I have him in a 180 with a needle nose gar, Oscar and a zebra knife fish. The knife fish has messed with him quite alot but I think they kimda settled there differences. But otherwise they all kinda live peacefully (for now). But I'm easily going threw 70+ feeders a week. So I'm in the process of trying to breed em now.

That sounds like a cool setup. I feed mine fillets from my catch from fishing I just freeze it and it last all year long free food

Back
Top Bottom