My Reeferrocks.com order!!!!!! (pics included)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am in no way affiliated with reeferrocks.com, but there customer service is the best i have seen in any sort of online store.

I ordered the rock yesterday.
I have been emailed me 4 or 5 times asking questions about what I wanted as far as size and shape.
They asked the look I was going for, and gathered rocks to fit that look. some of the rocks had to be shaped, and were at no extra charge.
then took pictures and emailed them to me to make sure I was pleased with my order!
They even taped out an outline of my tank so they could pick rocks that would fit!

so, I would reccomend them to anyone who plans on ordering any sort of live rock or base rock.

this is my order (100lbs of base rock):

img_421255_0_5340d55700876f9940d3733c2b8c8c9e.jpg

img_421255_1_795b95011588109670d4758a107a3314.jpg

img_421255_2_80c532a7a6530caca61af722bfaf81a2.jpg

they ship from california.

100lbs for about $230 shipped to Georgia.

So it was more expensive than hirocks, but I'll choose getting to see exactly what I was getting and make request on the size and shape of the rocks over a couple of bucks any day!

check them out! they take qall sorts of request! even HUGE Pieces!

http://www.reeferrocks.com/

Beautiful stuff and I love the customer service of setting up your order and sending you pics! Their website is very interesting. Is their rock Limestone? I read that their coral frag mounts/bioball replacement was, I wasn't sure about their base rock.

Thanks for sharing!

it's limestone

It looks pretty porous to me though so I'll have to see when i get it. Either way, i already have 70lbs of fiji and tonga LR that is going in the tank and in the sump with the rocks that I got from reeferrocks.

EDIT**
wow Phyl, thanks for that question!

I hadn't even thought of that, but it's basically the same exact stuff you get when you order LR from liverocks.com except not aquacultured.

It's called "bryozoan facies" Here is a little about it:
The Bryozoan Facies of the Miami Limestone is a very porous, lightweight rock in its natural state. Bryozoans are similar to corals in that they secrete a calcium carbonate skeleton; they live in colonies, and filter plankton from the water. This particular species of bryozoans’ organisms “Schizopotella Floridana” grew in long tubes, such that the rock appears as an accumulation of stag horn coral limbs. The natural porosity formed by these coral limbs has shown to accelerate the recruitment of benthos (bottom dwelling) organisms. The numerous small crevices provide sage hiding places for juvenile mollusk, worms, and corals to settle and grow. Juvenile shrimp, crabs and fish also occupy our aquaculture reefs within days; producing a complete reef ecosystem a few months after placing the base rock in the ocean.

seems like I am in pretty good shape

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom