My rock wall project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thursyanna

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm in the process of building my rock wall. I just finished the 2nd coat of quikrete today but I think I put it on too thick. It's not "pretty" like my first coat was. Any advise before I put the 3rd coat on tomorrow?? I was thinking of sanding it some or wiping it with something to smooth it out a little. These are 2 separate pieces that will go together in my 55 gal. tank.

Attachments

• 2013-01-20 14.54.58.jpg
    2013-01-20 14.54.58.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 88
  • 2013-01-20 14.55.18.jpg
    2013-01-20 14.55.18.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 93
I think it looks great
I wouldn't worry to much on the looks. For 1 its going to be in the back of the tank so seeing any flaws may not be noticeable. Once it ages in the tank it will start to look a little different. And for last algea and plants or what not will make it blend right in

I know it's ugly but it's mine!

I finished my first rock background. It's not as pretty as I had envisioned in my head. Maybe if you squint, it'll look better. I hope it looks better when I get plants planted and fish in the tank.
It's for my 55 gal tank.
Any nice advice would be appreciated.:(

Attachments

• finished rock wall.jpg.jpg
    finished rock wall.jpg.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 80
I think it looks great
I wouldn't worry to much on the looks. For 1 its going to be in the back of the tank so seeing any flaws may not be noticeable. Once it ages in the tank it will start to look a little different. And for last algea and plants or what not will make it blend right in

Here it is finished. I hope it looks good in the tank. I'm going to plant some live plants in there. I was at a lfs today and was learning about the different types of plants and "groundcover".

Attachments

• finished rock wall.jpg.jpg
    finished rock wall.jpg.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 87
Thanks! I'm excited to get my tank cleaned and cycled. First I have to cure the rock wall and make sure it's safe to start cycling. I wish I could do it faster but I guess patience is a virtue! Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll be ready for fish.:whistle:

Thanks!:thanks:
I've been obsessing over it for awhile. I hope it looks good in the tank. I can't wait to get it in there.

I finished my first rock background. It's not as pretty as I had envisioned in my head. Maybe if you squint, it'll look better. I hope it looks better when I get plants planted and fish in the tank.
It's for my 55 gal tank.
Any nice advice would be appreciated.:(

It looks awesome!!! And I'm sure it will be great in a tank

That looks great! Nice job. A jungle theme around that would look stunning I bet.

That looks great! Nice job. A jungle theme around that would look stunning I bet.

That sounds cool. I do want some groundcover and a lot of live plants. I don't know what the stuff is called but it looks like little clover or something that's ground cover. I'll have to look it up.

I think it is HC(dwarf baby tears). A rather finicky, difficult plant. I have some that is doing pretty horribly. Does it look like this?

View attachment 146149

Sorry about the bad pic

I'm pretty sure that's it. I found some on a website that looks like that. I might try it first in my starter tank and then if it does well, move some to my 55 gal tank. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom