My schools aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only if you have goldfish. I think the general rule is 8x an hour. But for goldfish or cichlids you should go 10+ an hour. My 55 does 750 gph. I have thirteen African ciclids to clean up after. Lol

I have 600gph on my 36g with community fish

Awwww now I want another fx5 for each tank! You guys are making me jealous :)

Awwww now I want another fx5 for each tank! You guys are making me jealous :)

I have on my 55 a filstar xp2. And an aqueon 75 hob. Each one does about 350-400gph. And on my 75 which I hope to set up this weekend. I will have an aqueon 75 and two aqueon 40. That will total to 800 gph. If you wanted to add filtration. Just get a good hob filter. But if moneys not an issue I would suggest a api filstar. Mine is so quiet I have to touch it to see if it works.

I have on my 55 a filstar xp2. And an aqueon 75 hob. Each one does about 350-400gph. And on my 75 which I hope to set up this weekend. I will have an aqueon 75 and two aqueon 40. That will total to 800 gph. If you wanted to add filtration. Just get a good hob filter. But if moneys not an issue I would suggest a api filstar. Mine is so quiet I have to touch it to see if it works.

You know the xp2 doesn't do 350-400gph right? Read the box, it says full of media its rate is cut in half

You know the xp2 doesn't do 350-400gph right? Read the box, it says full of media its rate is cut in half

Yeah. I didnt think it cut in half though. My hob has been broken for a while and just this has been sufficient.

Yeah. I didnt think it cut in half though. My hob has been broken for a while and just this has been sufficient.

Well I know the xp3 does something like 300gph and with media it drops to 185gph. Its my assumption that all are the same media wise

How do I even approach him on the subject. "So yeah, you have in fish that will reach ten inches and are extremely messy which require cooler temps with fish that should be I schools of 5+ in water of 78º. And your filtration probably doesn't even cycle the aquarium more than 10 times per hour so I assume that your doing a 60% waterchange an hour. So if you could stop that'd be great"

Sounds like u have it all planned +1

Back
Top Bottom