My 'Second' Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roundar

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up this 75g, 48x18x21.

img_1394186_0_78f3965b1266048d5c61e7b86860f775.jpg

It will be planted, but I'm not going to really start on it until my other tank is established, just thought I'd get the thread here and post any changes. Can't wait!

Sure will be a nice looking tank .. and the stand looks great ... will really make it look like a good setup.

That's the same tank I was looking at (Aqueon 75E) and I like the configuration, but my LFS wants $600 for the setup (sans filter) Yikes! :ermm:.

Can't wait to see what you do with it :popcorn:.

That's the same tank I was looking at (Aqueon 75E) and I like the configuration, but my LFS wants $600 for the setup (sans filter) Yikes! :ermm:.

Can't wait to see what you do with it :popcorn:.

Paid 200 for this one on CL and it could be cheaper depending on the abundance of similar types in your area. Subaru4wd, I disagree. It does look about like 80g at first glance, but if you calculate the volume of the inside of the glass, it comes out to ~75.8 iirc. Unless this tank was made elsewhere in the world I suspect they made it the normal 75g increment.

I'm trying to put together a materials checklist for the tank. I have no heating/filtration etc. I'd really like input on all aspects. it will be planted but by no means thick. The idea will likely be a large open area and then approx. a little less than 1/3 thickly planted on one end of the tank. Need input on flow and filtration for sure. Thoughts?

A fluval 405 canister would work, but check out the fx5 for extra filtration (both are great filters). As for heaters, a couple Aqueon Pro's would be my recommendation (150 or 200w).

Ordered T5HO Light hood deal, 2 bulbs which should be more than adequate.(I know that thanks to some of the great people in the AA chat.) for 66$

Just contacted someone on CL about this tank+regulator and really hope I can get it. 50 bucks!

3nc3m93pf5Z45X65S2b5355bcfa0917261ab5.jpg

Removed the rim, going to put a bead of silicone in each corner.

img_1398353_0_c7360a4f5fb898d169d2ee6af69ab229.jpg

img_1398353_1_6f34b3a7a15dfed4714367a33c11f0bb.jpg

EDIT: Still have to remove the remaining silicone and sand edges.

wow wow wee....MTS creeping quick. hehe...great addition...and good deal..i cannot wait to see this tank transform into a beautiful masterpiece!

sitting and watching as well...:-D

daileene said:
wow wow wee....MTS creeping quick. hehe...great addition...and good deal..i cannot wait to see this tank transform into a beautiful masterpiece!

sitting and watching as well...:-D

MTS? Malaysian trumpet snails? Haha

Back
Top Bottom