my sister tank lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crittergal

Aquarium Advice Regular
My sister likes the idea of live plants, like myself both being new to plants. Anyways she bought 1- lights of america mini aqua bulb 10 watt fluoresent enhancing 40% more light full spectrum incandesent . bought at walmart pet dept. and also bought 1- aqua culture 13 watt (blue bulb) aquarium plant bulb ,so she is wondering if that will be enough light for her 10 gal tank w/ low matenience plants. Or should she get another bulb like the first one (10watt)

Should be fine, Dont expect alot of growth with that type of lighting but the plants should do fine just grow slowly. I would use excel from flourish as well as plain old flourish it will help the plants a lot. but if she has a 10 and 13 watt bulb for the 10 gallon that should give plenty of light for the low tech setup. Just dont get demanding plants. Java moss and fern would do rather well probably because they dont care much for intense lighting. Also lots of stem plants do fine in that type of lighting and beings its just a 10 gallon they cant get to big anyways so slow growth wont hurt to much.

Back
Top Bottom