My snail is trying to escape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andieelwell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What should I do my snails keep trying to escape from the tank any tips on how to keep them from escaping I don't want to do Vaseline because I don't want chemicals in my water

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What type of snail? I've had mystery snails go to the surface but generally they won't go far, much less try to escape since they need water to breathe.

Caleb

If they're leaving the water for long periods of time it may be they don't like the water. If your conditions are fine get a breeder net and cut it to fit any spots they could get out.

Keep calm and drum on

And it is a mystery snail but he stays out I keep finding him on my lid

I had pond snails do that in an empty tank I let go for a month or so. The parameters where as bad as they could get. And to clarify there was nothing in the tank but pond snails that I didn't want to begin with. Not even a filter

Keep calm and drum on

Ok I didn't now that thanks

I have seen small snails congregate at the waterline. Seems like they do that at certain times of day. They don't try to come out of the tank. I think they know they would dry out and die pretty quick :)

I found a mystery snail 2ft away from the tank during the week. I'm hoping that now I've caught up on tank cleans he will stay put. Not quite sure how he got out so I've rearranged the tank cover.

Back
Top Bottom