My son's 10gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That just a bulb? I need the fixture and bulb? Links for best place to buy and specially if it is just a bulb or?

I know ecoxotic sells par 38 bulbs, but I don't know if they are good or not. I have heard about par 38 bulbs used for smaller tanks smaller than 20 gallons.

It's just the bulb. You need to buy a fixture. I'm not sure which one though.

If you're just starting with fish-only, you can use any light you want..... fish don't have any special lighting requirements. Once you decide you want corals, that's when you need to worry about specialized lighting.

I'm guessing it was some kind of "bacteria in a bottle"...... again, more lfs BS. You are not cycled. IMO, that stuff is questionable at best, and all it does is help jump-start your cycle...,

I disagree. I've used Dr Tim's One & Only twice and had my tank cycle in about a week both times. You get a quick spike, but I never had issues with nitrates afterwards. I'm not sure about other products though. It needs an ammonia source, so you either add fish or add the extra product that they sell with it.

Back
Top Bottom