My stocking list for my 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I think I will be a little over stocked my tank is actually a 16 g what will be going in is one red flame gourami , 3 black widow tets, and a guppy and Cory cat

What I will be getting on Sunday is 8 neons and 3 more black widows is this over stocked if so what can I change

I would forget the neons and get your Cory a few more friends. A bigger tank would definitely be better though. Those schooling fish need more swimming room. Good luck!

Ok I think I will be a little over stocked my tank is actually a 16 g what will be going in is one red flame gourami , 3 black widow tets, and a guppy and Cory cat

What I will be getting on Sunday is 8 neons and 3 more black widows is this over stocked if so what can I change
I would only pick the 3 black windows and 1 guppy, a male or female depending on its sex, or even keep both males or both females, depends of you.
And thats it, with all this fish that you said it would be over stocked.

Check this out, some people say its useless, but i dont think like that and i like this website.
AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

It's not that aquavisor is useless, it's that the advice and stats it gives should be taken with a pinch of salt an a ton of experience.

------

I have a 17gal (not too much bigger than yours)

My stock is

7 neons
3 glow lights
1 Honey gourami
1 assassin snail
(adding few more glowies in 3 wks)

This is a similar stocking to what you want to have (minus the corydoras)

I would suggest taking the Cory back, simply because they are larger fish than the neons you want, most of them prefer larger tanks (even more so with the larger schools) and the bioload of 8 neons is not a huge amount.

That way you will have the 2 schools of terra and a centrepiece fish.

But I'm biased toward neons lol :D

Three cories, gourami, 6 widow tetras and the guppy and your stocked. I wouldn't have any less than 6 widows because they are very nippy if kept in schools too small. You need more than one cory but don't have room for 5-6 so 3 will have to do.
You don't have room for the neons.

Mumma.of.two said:
Three cories, gourami, 6 widow tetras and the guppy and your stocked. I wouldn't have any less than 6 widows because they are very nippy if kept in schools too small. You need more than one cory but don't have room for 5-6 so 3 will have to do.
You don't have room for the neons.

May I ask what your profile pic is?

I've been staring at it but can't figure it out! :D

It's not that aquavisor is useless, it's that the advice and stats it gives should be taken with a pinch of salt an a ton of experience.

I would suggest taking the Cory back, simply because they are larger fish than the neons you want, most of them prefer larger tanks (even more so with the larger schools) and the bioload of 8 neons is not a huge amount.
I agree on what you said about aquavisor. And I would rather have the neon tetra over the cory cat as well if thats what you mean to say haha

Mumma.of.two said:
Lol! It's a girl blowing a kiss and there are fish in the 'wind' from it. I'd post a large pic but the app HATES me!

Ahhhh I see it now, seems so obvious!!

And I find the app great but it always freezes when I've typed a huge post and added a few pics :( lol

Scouser said:
Ahhhh I see it now, seems so obvious!!

And I find the app great but it always freezes when I've typed a huge post and added a few pics :( lol
Lol!
Happens to me ALL the time! I have a love/hate relationship with the AA app. I'm hanging out til we move (hopefully in 6months) then we can get the Internet for the house so I won't have to rely on my iPhone.

Mumma.of.two said:
Lol!
Happens to me ALL the time! I have a love/hate relationship with the AA app. I'm hanging out til we move (hopefully in 6months) then we can get the Internet for the house so I won't have to rely on my iPhone.

Yea I'm moving too, (bigger place for more tanks and space for Gfs rats) don't have my own laptop and I can't justify hogging my Gfs one :/

Thanks everybody My Cory cat has never schooled and hasn't changed his character by not being in a school and my profile picture is my new tank :)

My black widows are not nippy in threes yet but they do chase each other around ( I was told this is normal) and the ones color is a bit faded sometimes but instead of losing my Cory cat can I not get 4-5 black widows and 7 neons ( or 8 if their bio load is that small) ?

Lol you meant mamas pic haha

Attachments

• image-2801488589.jpg
    image-2801488589.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom