My Synodontis petricolas (leopard catfish) disappeared!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meedo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have since two weeks ago and from day one it chose a hiding place inside a decoration piece with air stone and, I was seeing it every once in a while but now I didn't see it for like 4 days, not even at feeding times when it usually used to sneak out and take a bite :confused:
Any advice why this fish is acting like that, I wanted it to wonder in the tank because it looks so nice, if I cannot see it then what is the point :mad:

if it makes you feel better, I've only seen my cory cats one time this month. That's the problem with a densely planted tank though. hah

I'm not sure how fish manage to do it, but they find little places to hide. I have a Synodontis multipunctatus, and I didn't see him for 2 weeks. I even got out a flashlight to try to see into the caves and things. And then magically, he was back. I was worried that he was starving to death. He's not little either... 6-7 inches in a 55 gallon tank. So I have no clue where he hid from me. I was convinced he had died.

Back
Top Bottom