My Tang Tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mar_att1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey ppl

recently i set up a tanganyikan tank. i've put a photo to show u my setup..
feel free to give any suggestions :D

the tank is 60g and its stocked with
3 lelelupi
3 treocephalus
3 black calvus
2 juli marlieri
5 nerite snails

here's the rockwork

Nice setup.

How big are the leleups and the trets? I ask because leleupis do not tolerate conspecifics after pairing off, although juvies will play together nicely. And you may have trouble with the trets when they mature: they get fairly large (you'll probably need a larger tank, actually) and they can be downright nasty. Of course, Tangs grow so slowly that it could be a couple years down the road, but these are things you should be aware of.

The Tangs are my favorite lake cichlids; enjoy the tank!:)

hey :) its been set up for about 4 months now. :)

i know that trets are quite aggressive when they mature, but we'll see how it goes, if it gets nasty i'll remove 2 of them from the tank and leave just one. the biggest (and most dominant one) is about 2-3 inches long. still halfway to its full size :)

the lelelupis are living quite peacefully together, although i introduced the third one after the other 2 were already established in the tank and they had quite a fit when they saw it wandering about. it was funny actually lol. however they are now quite peaceful together, althogh they still have their little fights. the largest one is about 2.5 inches.

rwhayley said:
Looks good, but adding some shellies would be cool.

hmm do u guys think this is a good idea? i've read that the lelelupis are quite aggressive to shell dwellers, but i'm no expert...any suggestions? i really love the occellatus and am really tempted to get a trio, but i was cautious because of the lelelupi... :?

i'll try to upload some pics of the fish :p

yes accualy im ~almost~ certain that they will eat anything in a shell......... although so are MANY of the tang. lake cichlids.....

here's my dominant tret and lelelupi

these are my 3 black calvus

juli marlieri & Co.

feeding time - 2 trets and a calvus

enjoy lol, i know the photo quality needs a lot of improvement but still...its all i can afford at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom