My tank - comments welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reechard

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well here it is so far, after about one month. The picture doesn't do the rock justice, I found some really neat New York blue flagstone that has really great erosion patterns on the flat side. Little work with a hammer and I ended up with that for a measly $6. All the plants are fake, I don't know if I want any real ones yet. I have another smaller rock thing I might build in the middle front but I have to clean those off yet. In the tank now are 6 columbian tetras, 3 skirt tetras, and my 3 neetroplus nematopus. I am looking for suggestions for fish, I'd like to get something that would stay near the surface. The vertical dimension is about 20" so there is a lot of room to work with. Anything in terms of decor you think would look nice feel free to comment as well. Let me know what you think :)

Attachments

• tank_854.jpg
    tank_854.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 46
Looks like you are off to a great start. Maybe some low plants or rocks in the front, on the sides.

good start. would cut those large rocks a little more. tetras like open spaces to swim in (although a few hiding spots are a must). the large rocks are taking up too much space imo.

would put some low length plants as suggested (fake or real).

if you want fish that dwell near the top, you can try hatchetfish, dwarf gourami's, or a small arowana that you can house until it outgrows your tank.

I think the rocks are great, they just need more plants to balance them out so they don't dominate quite so much.

Thanks guys! Yeah the rock on the left was even larger before I got to it with my hammer. I'll hack it down this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom