My tank is having issues -_-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell_spyder143

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So this is my tank after full water change and the works...

image-2801581571.jpg

A week later, the water has turned murky and greenish. I have two oscars (both roughly 4") a pleco (about 5") and a pictus (maybe 2 1/2") don't tell me I'm over stocked and that's the problem because I've had more fish in here and stayed clear between cleanings. Don't mean to sound rude but I'm jus getting aggravated with the fish to tank size ratio nazis. Plus I'm building a bigger tank.

Anyway, I have sold the other fish that were in there and a couple weeks ago the water started turning, I cleaned, it turned, I cleaned again, it turned again. I'm doing everything I did before jus with fewer fish.

tank size would help
water parameters
and just looking at the tank those 2 small filters prob don't do much with big fish especially with the water level pumps are prob straining just to run
prob be better off with a big canister

54seaweed said:
tank size would help
water parameters
and just looking at the tank those 2 small filters prob don't do much with big fish especially with the water level pumps are prob straining just to run
prob be better off with a big canister

The one on the left is a 50 gallon filter and the one one the right is a 20. It looked weird to me when I seen its size. It's a 55 gallon tank bty. How much would a canister for a 55 cost me.

cell_spyder143 said:
The one on the left is a 50 gallon filter and the one one the right is a 20. It looked weird to me when I seen its size. It's a 55 gallon tank bty. How much would a canister for a 55 cost me.

The price of the canister is all up to what you want. Do some research and choose from the one you like. Fluval is a great brand and used by many. Also with filtration, the more the better. Especially with bigger fish with a bigger bio load.
As for the greenish water, I have never had that problem before but I have read a lot about lighting schedule and old bulbs have a lot to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom