My tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Messman21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I have a 20 gallon freshwater tank. I've had a female German blue ram and I added a gold ram to the tank. Now I have eggs from the female blue ram and I'm not sure how to take care of the fry. Does anyone know? It's been around 24 hours since she had the eggs

Do you have a male in there? From what I've been Told with our rams is to move the eggs. If its her first go round she might eat them. If you have a breeder basket you could put them in there. Or another tank by themselves.

Hello and Welcome to AA!

Personally, if you have another tank (with a cycled filter and a suitable heater), I'd move them in there. From there, feed them newly hatched brine shrimp. As well keep the water as clean as you can).

I have a gold ram that's the male and they are both in the 20 gallon with the eggs. There is also a few small tetras. I've read that rams tend to take care of their young for a long period of time. So would leaving them in there with the eggs be a mistake? I don't have another tank but I do have a breeding basket

Since I have a blue ram that has eggs fertilized by a gold ram does that mean I'm going to have blue-gold rams or just a mix of the two?

Back
Top Bottom