My tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

That Fish kid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Please tell me what you think. Any plant recommendations? I realize my aquascaping is horrible, but would appreciate help!

Attachments

• image-2470338835.jpg
    image-2470338835.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3071219276.jpg
    image-3071219276.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 72
I love what you have going already. But, the sides are a bit bare.. Maybe getting some val's or something tall and grass like for the back, then a couple amazon swords for the back corners.... Hmm I could have fun with this!!

I definitely think you should add some stems, a rotala species maybe?
Also, some type of moss would look great on that DW, maybe with some anubias nana petit?

WOW! Lovin the enthusiasm! That sounds great! When you say vals is there a specific type?

Thanks! I love planted tanks!!

Hmm, well, first off, I think crypt balansae would look really cool too.
Now for the Val's, I think corckscrew would look really amazing, but it only twists a lot if you have a ton of light. I can't tell how much you have, but looking at the pics I'm guessing you've got low light? Hmm, I can't remember which Val it is I am thinking of other than the corckscrew, but pretty much any of them would work well! Just be careful, sudden dosing with excel can cause them to melt.

I am not sure if you want the tank to be viewed from a 360 perspective, but a dark background would really enhance your greens.

This will look great no matter what!

Really it doesn't look bad!! it's a labor of love just keep adding ants and tweaking it until you are happy here is a pic of mine :)

Attachments

• image-863638443.jpg
    image-863638443.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3531820137.jpg
    image-3531820137.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 55
Great tank OP! Looks great. I'd also add a black background. IMO, I wouldn't add vals in a short tank. When they get too tall, you can't just trim them IME. They don't do too well after that :lol:
Maybe some wisteria or pennywort for the back?

Stunning tank Malawi madness! I didn't know cichlids accepted plants like that.

I'm truly amazed by the enthusiasm on this site! I really wish there were more people like that in my area. It's great!

Anyway I've never thought of corkscrew vals before but I now love them. Do you think they would do well in my tank?

I really want a black background, but am not sure how to go about getting one. Do you mean the adhesive type?

Scottyhorse said:
Great tank OP! Looks great. I'd also add a black background. IMO, I wouldn't add vals in a short tank. When they get too tall, you can't just trim them IME. They don't do too well after that :lol:
Maybe some wisteria or pennywort for the back?
I see. I have wisteria and pennywort both and trim regularly. I really want a tall background plant. Thanks for being so nice about my "aquascaping".lol.

There are several options to address the black background, from cheap cardboard spray painted to permanent paint into the outer side of the glass. I personally prefer the one you buy at your local pet store and just glue it using the recommended spray and a credit card.

I see. I have wisteria and pennywort both and trim regularly. I really want a tall background plant. Thanks for being so nice about my "aquascaping".lol.

It's great! I have pennywort and mexican oak leaf in my 25G tank (it's tall) and I have to trim every week otherwise it gets to the top of the tank then starts spreading across the surface!

Scottyhorse said:
I bought a plain background (black) from Petsmart, and I just used tap and taped it on. Haha

LOL! I think I will look for a background tomorrow. I hope it makes a big difference!

Back
Top Bottom