My ten gallon low light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll take your advice and check out plantgeek later. Going to have to do some heavy research. Also, what is your take on planting under the height of the wood (see the shade)? Can a significant amount of photons still be captured even if the plant is shaded?

I think you could put some plants under there, so long as the leaves extend out a bit. If it is shaded though, the PAR will be lowered dramatically...

Reviewed this list and had a look to see the stock at SweetAquatics. I like the following (deviated from plan slightly):

Rotala indica
Myriophyllum aquaticum
Bacopa caroliniana (still finding varying light level talk on this)
Hydrocotyle leucocephala
Ludwigia repens
Cryptocoryne wendtii (not sure if it gets too tall)
Anubias barteri v. 'nana' (can place on driftwood near Java)
and Jungle Vals for the back, definitely.
Lilaeopsis mauritiana (I like the thin blades. If it grows tall I can keep trimming it short)

That's all I've got, ha. Most of those are based on what I found to look nice. Will need to reexamine placement and growth capabilities; please feel free to swap things around. Most of those, I feel, are better suited for my "height" side than the left side. Like Fort said, it'll be difficult to keep things low growing. I love hearing everyone's advice. Thanks!

No problem daileene. How was your last order from SweetAquatics? While I like their selection, I am still a little bitter about the browning plants I received.

They are actually doing good now after I took the little browning out when thay arrived. I see 1-2 shoots from each group which is not bad I guess.

I did order another batch of plants last Feb 14. But I haven't received it yet. I emailed them and they said the last storm hit them hard and they had a storm damage in their facility. That storm also took out their electric. They have moved to a temporary location and they were supposedly working on replacing the stock that was lost. They will get the orders out ASAP but she is not sure what day yet (I hope within a week). So...

I got this list on that order:

2 x Rotala Indica (Rotala Rotundifolia)
2 x Water Wisteria (Hygrophila Difformis)
2 x Sagittaria Subulata (Dwarf)
1 x Bacopa Myriophylloides
1 x Cabomba Pulcherrima (Cabomba, Purple)
1 x Cryptocoryne Crispatula var. Balansae
1 x Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green
1 x Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red

I am still excited....

Looking nice! Cant wait to see it fill out your use of negative space is awesome.

They are actually doing good now after I took the little browning out when thay arrived. I see 1-2 shoots from each group which is not bad I guess.

I did order another batch of plants last Feb 14. But I haven't received it yet. I emailed them and they said the last storm hit them hard and they had a storm damage in their facility. That storm also took out their electric. They have moved to a temporary location and they were supposedly working on replacing the stock that was lost. They will get the orders out ASAP but she is not sure what day yet (I hope within a week). So...

I got this list on that order:

2 x Rotala Indica (Rotala Rotundifolia)
2 x Water Wisteria (Hygrophila Difformis)
2 x Sagittaria Subulata (Dwarf)
1 x Bacopa Myriophylloides
1 x Cabomba Pulcherrima (Cabomba, Purple)
1 x Cryptocoryne Crispatula var. Balansae
1 x Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green
1 x Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red

I am still excited....

Nice. Ordering next week so hopefully they get things sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom