My two cockatoo apistos...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
meegosh said:
That's good! My kribs usually spawn after water changes. My single female angel likes to lay eggs after I rearrange the plants. The next morning I'll find her fanning a leaf full of eggs.

Hahaha awesome! But you don't have a male? How does that work??

How are you liking the rummynoses? I'm looking at them for my tank. Also, where'd you get them?

Love the rummy nose! Have a group of 6...they really brought the tank to life! They brought the rasborras out, and are always wandering around! Don't know why it took me so long to get them...lol! I got them at my LFS "the Fish Store" same place I got my apistos, and my green neons before all but two bit the dust (RIP), and my bristle nose

Joyler said:
Love the rummy nose! Have a group of 6...they really brought the tank to life! They brought the rasborras out, and are always wandering around! Don't know why it took me so long to get them...lol! I got them at my LFS "the Fish Store" same place I got my apistos, and my green neons before all but two bit the dust (RIP), and my bristle nose

Sweet! Just saying... You might wanna get 4 more of the green neons, to bring the school back up. But other then that, things seem to be going great! Congrats!

Oh ya, I plan on getting 10 more....ok maybe just 8...but have to wait for them to be in stock! The LFS said they were also seasonal...hopefully the season isn't over for the year...lol

Joyler said:
Oh ya, I plan on getting 10 more....ok maybe just 8...but have to wait for them to be in stock! The LFS said they were also seasonal...hopefully the season isn't over for the year...lol

Cool! You could probably find them at liveaquaria too if it was an emergency.

Haha...well don't seem stressed, and shipment should be thurs, so I think they are ok

Joyler said:
Hahaha awesome! But you don't have a male? How does that work??

She hasn't even seen a male in at least 5 years. She goes through all the motions just like a pair would do... The eggs just never get fertilized.

meegosh said:
She hasn't even seen a male in at least 5 years. She goes through all the motions just like a pair would do... The eggs just never get fertilized.

Awww...that's kinda sad...

I feel so bad that my little girl is having to work so hard to guard her eggs :-/

my apistos should be spawning any day now and after reading this it should be really soon since i rearanged the tank a couple days ago. i think i might try to keep a female bc i read it's better to have 2 or more females to a male bc of the attention they'll get.

allaboutfish said:
my apistos should be spawning any day now and after reading this it should be really soon since i rearanged the tank a couple days ago. i think i might try to keep a female bc i read it's better to have 2 or more females to a male bc of the attention they'll get.

Awesome! I think ill get another female next week :) I hope yours are doing well! Keep me updated :)

Here's a pic of my boy at feeding time :)...sorry it's side ways...still figuring out my phone...haha! I thought it showed his finnage really well!

Attachments

• image-1675024138.jpg
    image-1675024138.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 128
Well the female is back in her pot, but I was gone all day! Keep your fingers crossed! Perhaps there are eggs!

Joyler said:
Well the female is back in her pot, but I was gone all day! Keep your fingers crossed! Perhaps there are eggs!

Fingers crossed, luck wished. :D just watch out for the TNAS!!! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom