My uncle is going to hook me up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i just saw 3 of my 4 uncles today and those 3 were the main ones that were/are into fish and all have current fish tanks and they found out that im into fishtanks now and one is going to give me a 55gal that is too big for him at the moment! it has almost everything that i need (i believe) besides power heads, lighting, and live stock. I'm psyched. this one is going to be more of a family tank rather than the others that are just mine.
My only problem is that i dont know what to do with it. im not so sure that i want another reef tank as i see that they can be so pricey. i am leaning towards a preadetor tank but those can get pretty expensive too because of the feeders. im not too sure about anything at the moment. for now im going to try to focous a little more about my current reef tank. this is still all in the planning mode so im open to pretty much anything.
Thanks!

Edit:
Oh yeah, he also has a nice stand for a 90 gal that he is giving to me "when I'm ready"!

From what I remember from your other post, seems like you listed a TON of stuff you wanted to put in that 28g nano. Sorry to say, but without serious problems, all that stuff wasn't going to work in that small of a tank.

Sounds like you have a solution now, eh?

:)

possibly. i just really wanted that to be my reef and this to be my preadetor. ill just try to putt stuff in the other tank until it seems full enough to make me decide if i want the 55 to be reef or preadetor. actually i think that i might make them both reefs, that way if i have a problem in one, i can have a back up. then ill save the 90 for preadetor/big stuffs.

That's probably a good idea. A 55g for an aggressive tank really doesn't give them much room to wiggle, let alone deal with the big bioload. Aggressive fish are really messy eaters and really big poopers. The more water the better.

the 50 is going to be relativity easy to plan. just a bunch of little exotic fish(not too many). although it might be nice to get a fuzzy dwarf lion in there =). I would like to get an angler but idk too much about them and idk if he'd like to munch on my fish, or inverts. it is probably a bad idea to put a blue tang in there, eh? my only way to do it would probably be to just exchange it when it gets too big.

Back
Top Bottom