my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
huma-huma said:
Let me unplug my return and check my sg. Ill see if I can't add some

I'm learning these skimmers are hard to tweak, so I feel ur pain.

Its beyond hard. Its downright aggravating. I literally can get it perfectly dialed in, and not even 2 days later it will be completely whacked out. Im gonna add about 4 g and see what it does

I have some Current model...don't ask me what model it is...I've added 2g so far and its up to 7.5.... waiting a bit to check sg again before adding another 2 g

not that it helps gentle men, but i did read that another person on here did a water change and it turned into a headache to get it skimming properly. sorry i dont remember who or how they fixed it. i want to say carey. maybe she can help?

I've had issues with tuning my skimmer as well, especially after a water change. lol I have no idea why, the water level stays the same, I even marked it with a sticky so i would know where the level was when it was working.

I just today got mine back to normal after a few days of tweaking. :)

For reference I have an eshopps psk 150. Not the most expensive skimmer but not the cheapest either. lol When it is tuned just right it works like crazy though. Just emptied a cup of goo a few minutes ago.

I have the aqua c ev 180 skimmer, and it works great. I have not had to adjust it since I dialed it in in the beginning, and it pulls out a ton of crud. It was super easy to adjust it has a gate valve and a air valve you use to adjust, also the collection cup can come off with hardly any clearance. It is spray injection instead of Venturi, it was recommended in a book I read. Kind of on the pricey side but I like it, and it works well! That being said I have never tried a different one so I don't have anything to compare it to.

thank you all for your input and experience, im going to look into a new skimmer but its gonna have to wait. My picasso trigger and tang now have ich:( :( :( I need some truthful honest opinions. Do I
1. Pull the live rock out and place it in my 55, then hypo the main tank. Or
2. Put the fish in the 55 and leave the lr in the d.t.
Please any help would be greatly appreciated!! Gotta do something tonight

Id do a copper treatment in the 55 no sand or rock just a a air pump hooked up to the a sponge filter.

kurtyboh said:
if he ever wants anything in his 55 again then using copper negates that...

As long as he cleans it and there is no sand or rock, he should be fine.

As long as he cleans it and there is no sand or rock, he should be fine.

Ive read many times that it impregnates the silicone, almost every ich article that advocates copper treatments states use teh tank for nothing but... or similar verbage

kurtyboh said:
Ive read many times that it impregnates the silicone, almost every ich article that advocates copper treatments states use teh tank for nothing but... or similar verbage

Noted.... Thanks.

I wouldn't do either. Feed food soaked in garlic an make sure ur fish don't get stressed. I had fish fight ich this way. They are more susceptible to it when Immune system is down. The ich is in the DT and u won't get it out. Moving ur fish around is gonna just make it worse IMHO

kurtyboh said:

Yea that may be true but u can always buy another for like 25-50 and sell the other for the same price for someone else to use as QT. It's better then having over $175 worth of fish die

Ohh its well over 175. I spent that between the lion, butterfly and puffer alone. Idk what to do:( does ich always mean certain death? Because my fish seem to be extremely healthy (they've become little fatties)and I already feed them garlic infused pellets. Just got home from work and my engineer gov't is literally swimming around the tank, out in the open. Irk what's going on lol. He has never done this, not even once.
What's my odds of not losing any fish if I just hold steady and keep feeding? Because if I have better chances in treating them (either by copper or hypo) ill sacrifice the 55

Back
Top Bottom