my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SOOO ive just decided that im gonna bring the 55 up and xfer the live rock into it, then hypo the dt. theres no sense continuing hypo on 2 of the fish when obviously its in my main tank.. its gonna set me back a bit in terms of establishment but thats an acceptable price for me to pay.

Why transfer? Won't you just being transfering it over there too then?

Initially yes, but ich is a parasite, therefor with no fish in the 55 with the live rock, after several weeks the ich will die off completely

Yes, how did the garlic work for you? Hope it went as well as with my fishies. Ever since I'm using it religiously

It slowed the ich down for 2 days...nows its back, gonna start hypo treating the dt tonight...im done playing around with this ich

huma-huma said:
It slowed the ich down for 2 days...nows its back, gonna start hypo treating the dt tonight...im done playing around with this ich

... Good luck. Keeping my fingers crossed

Good luck. This was the first thread I looked at the day I signed on to this site. You know I am pulling for you. :)

Thank you unicorn and rd. Went to my lfs just to try and lift my spirits a bit (bad few days) and have a few thugs to report.i was sooo excited because they had an adult australian harlequin tusk!!! ....but they want $449 for him!!! That's absurd and I even told him that its completely outrageous. I also decided that because we have a fowlr predator rank and we are not going to be getting rid of the tank for atleast a few years, we are gonna treat with copper. That way I don't have to place my 55 in the livingroom, I don't have to remove all my lr, and I wont have to go through the stress of hypo treatment and daily testing, so unfortunately I resorted to copper treatment, but I should start seeing results in a week or less

you have to do what's going to work for you and your fish! Many people have great success with copper and I hope you do to.

Ugh and after everything I've said to others about not using copper...wanna hear the funny parts? While I was contemplating the copper treatment or not at my lfs o was thinking " my aa friends are gonna KILL me"... and as per directions, I need to get it up to 2.5 ppm....too bad my copper test only goes up to .4......epic fail

no, how many drops in how much water? you can modify your results sheet by adding more/less drops or test water
more drops would be a stricter test less would be less strict so 1/3 the drops and 2x's the water will give you 2.4ppm
right? or am i doing the math backwards, but im pretty sure its right

Kitty...I have nooo idea on the math.
On the bottle however it says in order to reach the 2.4 ppm goal, you need 1 fl oz of copper power to every 20g of tank water. I personally calculated at 130g (sump) so that would be 6.5 fl oz of copper power.
Twitch- coppers already in the tank. Realized after the fact that my copper test doesn't go that high.
I did however still do the test to assure that the copper is mixing well...its a significantly dark blue...which is well of the high end of .4 on my color card

Anybody know if I can run my skimmer while doing the treatment?? It doesn't mention not running it

Back
Top Bottom