my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
huma-huma said:
Thank you faith and unicorn...yes to your reactor, about 8 hrs and irk about phosphate level...never really used the test kit because didn't really need it...will the turbo grazers eat the algae?

U should prolly check it if u have the test available. RowaPhos is usually good for lowering the level.
Dunno about the turbo grazers, never had them. Emerald crabs are awesome but they are slow. If ur LFS has the turbos, maybe buy 2 and see what happens?!

my lfs has turbo grazer snails 3/$10... and emeralds are a no go...i have 2 triggers and a puffer...

huma-huma said:
my lfs has turbo grazer snails 3/$10... and emeralds are a no go...i have 2 triggers and a puffer...

Oh well, than I would try the grazers than. You don't have corals so they can't knock those over

huma-huma said:

Long spine urchins are supposed to be a good algae control for aggressive tanks like yours.

ahhh good call twitch! long spines are gonna be an addition soon:) so anytime i take a pic and the urchin is present, itll be a friendly reminder

slitherbomb said:
Don't triggers eat urchins? I think I read that somewhere. They remove each spine and then eat them

That sounds brutal 0____o

i think itll work, funny part is that ive been questioning the LS urchin for about amonth now but had also heard that triggers pull their spines off and eat them, so i never actually bought them. BUt now that twitch has has mentioned it again AND cleared up the question, im gonna prob get 2. only problem is they are 30 bucks a piece i believe

huma-huma said:
i think itll work, funny part is that ive been questioning the LS urchin for about amonth now but had also heard that triggers pull their spines off and eat them, so i never actually bought them. BUt now that twitch has has mentioned it again AND cleared up the question, im gonna prob get 2. only problem is they are 30 bucks a piece i believe

I got a tuxedo urchin (named urkel LOL) and he is a lot of fun to watch, but they are slow. Should not be ur main CUC in my oppinion

kurtyboh said:
running out the door currently but when i get back ill post one

My first thought was: Where u running ST 2:30am ?!?!? LOL
but then I remembered you r on the otter side of the planet LOL

Its a small small world

scan0001 - Copy.jpg

it scanned a bit greener than it actually shows in my book but their pretty cool looking either way.

i left it in book form so you could possibly see the info to go with it

I have long spine urchins. They are a great clean up crew. I have em in my reef tank and everyone stays clear from them. They are $20 on live aquaria. They are fun to watch- when a fish may get to close- the Ls urchin points all it's quills directly at tue fish and the fish usually turns away. Just a warning though- if they sting you- it kinda feels like a bee sting

Back
Top Bottom