my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
huma-huma said:
Well had gotten the 125 moved to the new house, setup with water in it and salt mixed...when everything spiraled out of control. The bottom seal gave out and started pouring water out of the framepiece. Got it emptied and moved for access to the 55 below. All said and done I have a messed up 125 and lost 4 fish. The lion, tusk, snapper, and tang all died. If my lfs can't fix the tank im selling everything off

Noooooooo! Don't give up! If it's just a seal it should be an easy fix. Just gotta have patience

huma-huma said:
Well had gotten the 125 moved to the new house, setup with water in it and salt mixed...when everything spiraled out of control. The bottom seal gave out and started pouring water out of the framepiece. Got it emptied and moved for access to the 55 below. All said and done I have a messed up 125 and lost 4 fish. The lion, tusk, snapper, and tang all died. If my lfs can't fix the tank im selling everything off

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! Please don't give up though!

I am so sorry to hear this. I don't believe you lost so many fish, words can't describe it I'm sure. :-(

So sorry..don't give up though...

This is by far the worst and most depressing situation I've had with fish. Did manage to save both triggers, the clown , goby and puffer...well so far atleast

I feel your pain bro. When I lost fish after fish, y'all never allowed me to give up. I didn't, now ppl compare my tank to the barrier reef... Lol. Don't give up, u can recover...

huma-huma said:

Omg I'm so sorry to hear that. Especially the lion and tusk.

Omg the tusk is alive!!! I thought being that he was swimming sideways he was a goner. And I couldn't find him this morning but he is out swimming around!!! Im sooo excited! Finally a break

huma-huma said:
Omg the tusk is alive!!! I thought being that he was swimming sideways he was a goner. And I couldn't find him this morning but he is out swimming around!!! Im sooo excited! Finally a break

That is awesome!

So you didn't lose all of your water?

huma-huma said:

That's great!!!

See, with the tusk its certainly worth staying in the hobby! Still am incredibly bad blow and im sorry to hear it

Didn't lose all the water because I was home when it started leaking. This works out ok though because now I can wait until the tusk is bigger than get another lionfish. Wifey already agreed that if the 125 is salvageable by my lfs that I can sell it and he stand and go 180/220. Im truly glad the tusk survived because it changes my entire attitude

Yea it'd do the same to me. You should go as large as possible so you'll save money upgrading in the long run.

Well lfs can't fix the tank ... so im gonna attempt it myself (even though I truly don't feel I have the skills to do so) if that doesn't work, guess ill have to build a few stands to sell so I can get a new tank

hey brent, these are the vids that helped me. i watched them all and any other related vid i could find over and over until i got comfortable with the thought of cutting my tank apart. at least youve got those 10 gallons to practice with.

i tried the tape trick to get a clean line but found that if i just trusted my finger and didnt go crazy with the silicone all went well. idk if you still have the pics from my 75gallon build handy but you can see the mistakes i made there. and final result. probably easier if you just go to the photobucket album from there to skip all the "chat room banter"

anyway...

also go to youtube and search "how to reseal an aquarium" it will pull up all relevant vids. i think i watched them all. well most.

there are little plastic silicone bead helpers that lowes and home depot sell, they're only a couple of bucks.

also good to hear from you twitch!

Thank you so much twitch!! Ill be watching each video about a dozen times and then sacrifice a 10g before attempting the 125

Back
Top Bottom