My very first LPS coral (pic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewInTown

Aquarium Advice Activist
picked this up today frome the LFS. It has 4 small branches on it.

got the anems from ICEREEFER and I still cant get over their color.

what do you guys think? Anything I should know about frogSpawn other
than high light moderate water flow. almost forgot I keep the calceum at 420. Will they continue to branch or just get bigger?

Attachments

• frog_177.jpg
    frog_177.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 134
  • clowntank_022.jpg
    clowntank_022.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 145
  • clowntank_024.jpg
    clowntank_024.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 163
Great looking frog spawm. Where did you get it? Are there any good LFS up by you in Maple Grove? Basically, this is a pretty hardy coral but, like most, it demands high water quality. Poor polyp exspansion is ussually a sign of declining water parameters. High wattage indirect lighting is best. they will tolerate a higher current but a gentle constant current will be best for enhancing calcification rates, thus adding in growth. It will feed on free-floating food in the water at tank feeding time. It should be provided with a high wuality protein food like krill or mysis. Good luck with the new coral!

I picked it up at sea dreams. In savage! I have only been their twice but I think I will be returning more often. Every time im in their they awnsere my questions as honestly as they can and they don't try and sell me ten things just because I ask a question. many of the LFS in the area are like going to a car dealership. I also tested their water after I got home (just something I like to do) and it was A+.
I also like to ask questions I already know the awnsere to when I'm in a store, it
helps me gauge whether or not I can trust them on the awnserws I dont know.

I can give sea dreams an A+ and a will def return (y)

they do a good job. A big part of their business is building and installing customer aquariums. Some of the stuff they get in for these tanks are awesome. People are spnding $15,000 on tanks for their homes. Inventory is hit or miss during the week. They get shipments in on Fridays and ussually sell most of it over the weekend. It is only about three minutes from my house so I get tere often.

Nice colors on that frogspawn!

those clowns are pretty awesome too!

They will get bigger and branch. My torch (relative) started with 7 "heads" on it and it has ended up with 11 now so far.

Best of luck! It looks nice. :)

They will get bigger and branch. My torch (relative) started with 7 "heads" on it and it has ended up with 11 now so far.

Best of luck! It looks nice. :)

[whoops, double-post]

Back
Top Bottom