My Water Cow Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WCB

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello- I consider my baby possibly dying an emergency so HELP.

So I'm hoping its not too late but my Water Cow Goby (who is extremely active and usually in her happier relaxed colors) is not doing well and I honestly am wracking my brains on this one.
So I left for 5 days, and I gave my house sitter rules and everything about my tanks, I have 2 55g, a 25g, 10g, and 2 30g tanks. Some in use- most in storage.
So back to my situation-
My fish is nose diving and not exactly her natural self. Her tank is thoroughly cleaned as usual and I did not shock her (she always shows discomfort by trying to jump and I use PH strips and everything). The tank has other tank mates that all get along with her and do not exhibit my WCG's behaviors.
So I did A-Z and currently am gently holding her to keep her upright and breathing. She is still active and moves when I do this and she is docile enough she has never bit me. She always knows when I enter the room and always comes up for some 'scritches'. She has not for the past few days.
I'm concerned that she was over fed by my house sitter or her air bladder has been compromised.

My question is what exactly happened to do this and how to I rectify this fast before I lose my 17" WCG ??

Have you tested your water parameters when you got back? I recommend next time you leave for a week just feed your fish well the day before leaving and don't rely on anyone especially someone inexperienced in fish keeping hobby.

Have you tested your water parameters when you got back? I recommend next time you leave for a week just feed your fish well the day before leaving and don't rely on anyone especially someone inexperienced in fish keeping hobby.

She seemed to understand and I found out what did it- my roommate finally admitted he tried feeding her by dropping a lobster claw meat in the water and it got swept into the filters. I about strangled him. Thank you. She seems much more happier as I changed her into a different tank and is getting her colors back

Back
Top Bottom