Mysterious Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Osomini

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got back from ComicCon in San Diego and im finding Fry in a tank that did not have any fish in it!!!

I have a 29 Gal tank that recently contracted Ich, I started to treat the tank and lost several fish. Suddenly within this crazy time line some fish layed eggs somewhere.

The remaining fish are a pair male/female zebra danio, 2 Neon Tetras unknown sex, pair of Tiger Barbs male/female, 1 Julii Cory and 1 Panda Cory. I also have 2 RCC and 1 Gold Inca snail in another 10 gal qt tank because I was treating the ich in the larger tank.

I go on vacation and some how I now have 2 fry in the 10gal and I don't know where they came from. I am thinking they are danio fry but they are too small to tell yet.

What do I do, I wasn't ready for fry.

If they are free swimming they can take care of themselves. You can help them out by crushing the food into little bite sizes peices that can fit into their mouth.

Thanks for the info, it is just so weird that I have fry in this tank.

I have a Female Zebra Danio that is so swollen it looks like she'll burst if she doesn't get the eggs out.

It's only two of them right now, but I am seriously considering breeding more now that I am researching everything for Fry Care.

Turns out I have planeria in the QT that is going the three fry that I found. I did some research and found that they can be ok for the fry to eat.

Is this true, I seem to have enough for them to eat if that's the case. I just rubbed the glass where they are and the fry started snacking.

So the Fry are now a little over 1cm long and I can now see that these are Zebra Danio's.

They are swimming freely in the 10 gal tank.

Does anyone know their growth rate, or how long it will take to grow to 2cm's?

Update on the Fry

They are in fact Zebra Danio babies.

I have kept a watchful eye on the Female Danio for the last couple weeks. Every morning she is constantly throwing out eggs, one day when I am ready I'll separate them from the population and keep more fry. Until then population control is a must and the Tiger Barbs are happy to oblige.

Back
Top Bottom