mysterious fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok. So I have a 44 gal freshwater planted tank. Dawrf rainbow, false Juliea cory cats. Ottos, one lone coolie loach, and small albino pleco. About 2 1/2 weeks ago my rainbow got ill and within a matter of days im down to 3 male rainbows . Now the mysterious part is, I have about 5 tiny baby fish in my tank. Is it possible they are rainbow? I cant see them being ottos or corys but still, if its rainbow thats pretty weird to.

Would love to. But the buggers are so tiny. I have to look just right in the tank to see them or Ill look right by them. Im afraid my camera is good, but not that good.

Most likely rainbow fry, they're tiny buggers when they hatch. Cory fry would be in the substrate, Oto's would be clinging to glass or plants, rainbow fry would be swimming middle to upper level of tank.

Which they are. Pretty much how I thought just threw me for a loop to see them. What should I feed them, they're so small?

Crush flakes or pellets into a very fine powder, live floating plants like Najas or hornwort are also helpful. Live plants support a large number of micro critters for tiny fry to feed on.

Perfect. I do have some hornwort floating in there and I have pedestal to. Be interesting if they grow and survive. Thank you!!

I got some live plants shipped years ago, put them into my 10 gallon RCS tank. Found a single tiny fish fry, and a 2nd one turned up in the tank a few days later. They grew out on their own among the shrimp, turned out they were 2 praecox rainbows, eggs on plants. Took months for them to grow large enough to ID.

Back
Top Bottom