Mysterious Pleco Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishLover14

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had a Common Pleco 3 inches long in a 10gal tank.

Readings:

PH. 7.5
AMMONIO:0
NITRIE:0
Nitrate:10-15

Thsi morning i woke up and he was dead and his belly had a place where some of the skin and scales were off of it.

Anyone know hwat could have happened?

Sorry to hear about your loss.

How long have you had this fish? Was there enough food in the tank for him?
Maybe the other fish nibled on him after he died and that is why he has some skin missing? Or maybe he had dropsy? Did you notice anything strange about him before?

First of all read my signature at the bottom.

I have had him since auguast
He didnt have dropsy-I just finished treating my catfish for white spot and the medicine i was using was effective against dropsy too.
Last night he was acting really starnge all he did was plaster himself to the aquaruim wall and sit the i touched him and didnt move-I touched him again and he unlatched and floated upside down for a few minutes and the nwent back to the tank wall.

I fed him 1 algea tab every other night.
One thing i can figure is i have a gold severum in with him-That severum loves to eat on anything he can fit into his mouth-Shrmip pellets-Algea tabs anything. I say him eating 1 algea tab once but it is possible that he got starved to death by the severum. Just a theory.

Ther was no driftwood in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom